Heart Body & Soul is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. If you provide us with information about your health, we also strive to ensure that our handling of that information complies with applicable State and Territory health records legislation.
What personal information does Heart Body & Soul collect and why?
Heart Body & Soul collects personal information from its members and from membership applicants, contractors, employees, and people we do business with.
Heart Body & Soul needs personal information:
- To provide its members with personalised fitness services (including assessments of physical fitness, health status and goals).
- To conduct our business (i.e. to administer accounts, charge fees and to communicate with our members and business contacts).
To illustrate, the personal information we collect about our members includes:
- Identification information including each member’s name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address), date of birth.
- Health information including information provided on the pre-exercise questionnaire (that members complete upon becoming a member of Heart Body & Soul and information we collect in the course of memberships). Health information is a sensitive form of personal information, so we only collect it with your consent, and we only collect what we need.
- Financial information including bank account details and credit card details, as well as information about payment or non-payment of membership fees.
We need this personal information to provide health and fitness services and it is collected from application forms and when members communicate with us through our website. We also collect:
- Business contact information from and about our suppliers and other people we do business with (i.e. our landlords). This information is needed so that we can manage our business
- “Next of Kin” information which we collect from our members for use in the case of an emergency. We suggest that our members tell their next of kin that they have been nominated for this purpose.
How does Heart Body & Soul use personal information?
We use personal information to provide fitness and health services, to manage and administer memberships and to operate our business. For example, if you are a member, will use your personal information to process your membership application, charge you membership fees and administer your account. We will also use your personal information to communicate with you, including answering any enquires you may have.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use members’ personal information to mail out special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material. For instance, Heart Body & Soul may mail its members information about its own promotions. If you don’t want us to do this, please advise us in writing
Does Heart Body & Soul share my personal information with anyone else?
Heart Body & Soul will disclose your personal information when working with certain contractors for example we may engage IT contractors to maintain our databases. All our contractors are subject to strict confidentiality obligations, meaning that they are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us. We will also disclose personal information if we are under a legal requirement to do so (i.e. under a court order, or if required under legislation), or if an authorised request is made from a law enforcement agency. Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information with the consent of the relevant individuals.
How can I access my Personal Information?
Privacy laws give you rights to seek access to the personal information we hold about you. You can seek access by requesting it formally in writing. Your personal information will be provided to you within 7 days of your request, although we may need more time if your request is complicated.
We try to ensure that all the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to help us with this. If you wish to update or correct the personal information we hold about you please put the changes in writing.
Is my Personal Information kept secure?
Heart Body & Soul takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is treated like confidential information.
Heart Body & Soul only offers its health and fitness services to members, and it is not possible to become a member of Heart Body & Soul without providing us with the personal information that is requested in our application form and in our pre-exercise questionnaire.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we will not collect any personal information unless you chose to provide it to us (e.g. by sending us emails through our website). However, we may collect certain data that does not identify you (sometimes called “web log information”) when you visit certain pages, such as the type of browser and operating system you have. We may also use “cookies” which are small files that are stored on your computer and that manage the security and navigation process of the site. You can choose to block these cookies but some portions of the site may not function correctly if you do. This type of data is collected for statistical purposes only, and while cookies will identify your computer, they are unlikely to identify you personally
- Email/ SMS marketing. We will not email or SMS you marketing material unless you have consented to this. This is a requirement of the Spam Act 2003
- Site security policy. Our website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information.
Contact details and other information
- by mail: 7 Wallis Ave, Glen Iris 3146
- by telephone: 0425 739 036
- by email: email@example.com